Purple STAR Card
What is a Purple STAR Card?
- The purple card is a specially programmed “smart” STAR Card for riders ages 18 years old and younger.
- It entitles the cardholder to purchase JTA 31-day passes for just $30 (regular price is $50). It replaces the Silver Star Ticket.
- To reduce fraud, the cardholder’s picture is featured on the back.
Why should I get a purple Youth I.D. STAR Card?
- It is the only way to get JTA’s Summer BOGO (buy one 31-day pass, get one free). Offer ends July 31, 2015.
- JTA will soon stop selling paper Silver STAR Tickets. After Sept. 30, 2015, you will need a Youth I.D. Star Card to buy a discounted monthly pass.
Where do I get a purple Youth I.D. STAR Card?
- Apply in person at the STAR Card Villa – located at the Rosa Parks Transit Station, 201 W. Union Street.
- Hours of operation are Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (Closed Sundays and holidays.)
How do I prove I’m eligible for a Youth I.D. STAR Card?
- Print out and complete the application form
- Bring the completed form and either a birth certificate or government issued ID (school registration papers, driver’s license, state ID, or passport) with you to the STAR Card Villa.
- Youth ages 14 years and younger must also bring a parent or guardian and proof of parenthood/guardianship – birth certificate, court legal guardianship or marriage license.
- Be prepared to have your picture taken!
- Your Youth I.D. STAR Card will be printed with your picture on it and given to you on the spot.
How do I get my BOGO?
- When you get your Youth I.D. STAR Card, buy a 31-day pass for $30, and you will receive a second 31-day pass for free!
Why is the Youth I.D. STAR Card better than the Silver Star Ticket?
- The purple card is a permanent I.D. – unlike the ticket, it can be used over and over. There is less waste.
- The Youth I.D. STAR Card can be reloaded at more locations – any JTA ticket vending machine, online at jtafla.com, and at the Rosa Parks Transit Station Ticket/Cashier Window.
- Cardholders can sign up for balance protection by going to www.jtafla.com. With balance protection, in the event that a Youth I.D. STAR Card is lost or stolen, it can be replaced and the remaining value can be transferred to another card.
For more information call 904-632-3800. This fare media is not valid on Fixed Route or Skyway systems.